aqui todas personas usan el modismo ¨bien suave¨. Significa como.. really cool, pero en ingles significa literalmente ¨really soft¨ jaja. Pero ellos usan bien suave con casi todas cosas. ¨bien suave este familia¨ ¨Bien suave la comida¨ ¨bien suave este semana¨ jaja its really funny. pero este semana estuvo biiieeeennn suuuaaavvveeee otra vez!! Mucho exito y muchas investigadores con fechas bautismales y ayer en la iglesia. Ok thats enough spanish. Most of it is probably wrong too. jaja but its coming along pretty nicely. Í can pretty much understand most of what people say in lessons and can respond to questions and teach full principles and everything!!! Its so awesome. The Lord has blessed me so much in this area plus in a bunch of other ways too!
All our investigators are all still really strong. Rosario, Angelica, and Carlos were´nt able to make it to church yesterday, but they promised this next Sunday they would go. We were able to also teach the husband of Angelica who is the son of Rosario. He was really disinterested at first but after we taught a little he was all into it and wants to get baptized too but he has to work practically every sunday so he can´t come to church.... But we´re praying for this family that they´ll be able to keep their testimonies and commitments and all get baptized soon. We´re hoping Rosario gets baptized on Sunday and Angelica and her son Carlos the following week, and then hopefully Carlos the son of Rosario and Angelica´s husband the week after that. So pray for these people. They´re having a lot of problems right now and need prayers to keep them going.
Nohemy is getting baptized on Saturday!!!! She is so strong. She had a bad addiction to coffee, she drank 10 cups a day but after we taught the palabra de sabaduria she´s cut down to one cup a day as of yesterday!!! so this week we´re going to get it down to zero!! But she came to all three hours of church yesterday, and our activity on Saturday!! She´s super strong and Saturday is going to be awesome! Her husband Franciso is pretty strong too but has to go to church one more time before he can get baptized. He has his doubts and everything but we´re hoping he´ll be baptized the following week. They also have a daughter too named Janet. We´ve taught her a little and she came to church yesterday. She missed sacrament but its ok. Two more weeks of church and she should get baptized the week after Franciso!!
We were only able to teach Arturo once this week and he wasn´t able to come to church yesterday but we´re going to meet with him more this week and he said he´ll be able to come to church this next sunday!! He´s pretty strong too and we´re hoping his baptism will be in two weeks!
This week we also found a new family. A lady named Martha and her kids who are all grown up. But we invited them to be baptized this week and they said yes. They came to church yesterday too!!! They showed up way late but its the actions of faith that count. We´re going to meet with them a bunch this week too and get them to sacrament on Sunday. So awesome!!!
Also yesterday at church Andres y Irene Ramirez came! We´re going to meet with them this week and hopefully be able to do something to get them to have a desire to be baptized. They´ve come to church 3 times now and are completely ready but something is holding them back. Pray for them too and us to be able to know how to help them.
We also have like 4 other potentials right now that all seem pretty solid. It´s insane how much success we are having right now. It´s almost overwhelming. jaja we barely have time to tract, but i like this way more. It´s so awesome!!!
This week has been really great! We´ve had a lot of problems with people in the ward and our investigators but we´re working things out and we´re going to turn this place around. The activity Saturday was so awesome! Each group like Relief Society, primary, family history, missionary work, etc had their own exhibit with pictures and crafts and everything and it was awesome. Our whole district came with their investigators and we had about 15 or more investigators between all of us. It was really cool and then after the tour of the exhibits we had some skits by the youth in the ward, our district sang, other people in the ward sang, and it was really awesome!
Saturday I´m going to start the english classes and we´re going to get even more success from that!!! So many incredible blessings that sometimes I don´t know why we have all this. jaja
Well I´m glad your week has been good. Thanks for the picture too! You should do that more often. Well to answer your million questions...
we actually got denied for the washing machine. but its ok because this morning we just took a bus to the house and are in the process of washing right now. We were able to have studies and everything and we actually are going to finish laundry quicker than we did with Enrique the guy we used to wash with. So it all works out.
1. I don´t really need memory cards. I have a bunch of space still on mine and i figure when it gets full I´ll put the pictures onto a disc for only 50 pesos and just delete the memory card. but who knows, i´ll figure something out when it gets full
2. No we don´t get to go to the temple as far as I know. Only when we have converts that go after a year (which we´re going to be able to do probably next month because of a convert Elder Uribe has!!) and other special occasions that I don´t know of. But we were able to see the temple and walk around it. It´s right next to the mission office. It´s really small! but pretty
3. No I don´t really need piano music. We don´t have time ever to play or practice, only on Sundays for primary. jaja but thanks though
4. I´m all set on supplies. I have everything I need and all is well
5. Yes my pants are super loose. I´ve lost so much weight and all my pants are pretty big on me now but its ok! They don´t look too bad
6. Video... hmm... I´ll try to send something, but I don´t think it´ll work. The computers here are super slow and it takes 10 min just to send pictures so a video would be really hard but i´ll see what i can do.
7. i´ve used bleach once. but here they actually have something better called jabon. Its this super magic bar that you scrub your shirts with and it takes out all the sweat and dirt. My shirts are all white now. they need jabon in the US!!!! jaja
8. Elder Uribe... well. jaja his first name is Christian. He´s from Mexico City. I don´t know the whole story but its only his mom, him, and his brother in his family. His dad left I think.. But they´re all converts to the church five years ago. His mom doesn´t have an email, but he emails his neighbor or aunt or something and she then prints it out for his mom. He said he should also be receving a package this next month too. From what he tells me his mom is a really good person. But he never talks about his family at all. I´ll have to ask him more questions or something.
9. ya escribí algo jaja
10. i don´t think i´m going to use the debit card at all here. have people been stealing from my account or what. i checked the balance the other day and i have like 30 something dollars. but i´m going to save that only for emergencies. i have about 80 extra dollars that i saved from utah for emergencies and other stuff too so i should be set for a while.
well i hope that answers your questions. I´ll send some more pictures. Oh and dad asked last week what i wanted for christmas. All i can really think of is pictures, food slash candy, and some more music like a cd or something of the new EFY stuff or other church music. But mostly pictures of everything at home. Snow, family, mountains, the house, activities, things like that.
Well thanks for email the picture. Have a good week and stay safe. Mexico is awesome and keep asking questions so I can tell you more stuff.
I´ve decided I want to move here when I´m older. To San Carlos. Once I´m retired and everything, move down here and teach piano or something. Everyone here wants to learn music and english. All the time people ask me to teach them jaja. But its so nice here. Welp... i love you guys! and I´ll see you next week.