Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 13, 2010

Wooooooooowwwwwwwwwww...... thanks for writing me this week...... not even a hey ya doin?!?!?!?! jaja its cool. so this week has been pretty
crazy! stuff wasn't great after the peruvians left. our district is now only 6 people and so its a lot harder to get along. Stuff wasn't going so well and it was making me super frustrated till pretty much yesterday. Actually Wednesday was AWESOME!!! but hold on. so yesterday all of a sudden our district started getting along. Companionships were going a lot better and we just seemed to get along. It was great! I started praying harder for our relationships and it worked. The lord answers in pretty crazy ways because yesterday Elder Scott and I also got called to be Zone leaders. We got a new district of 11 this week so we have a pretty big zone now. I think it'll be a blessing in a way. It'll help our companionship a lot which I think will be better for everyone.
So thats pretty much it for yesterday. Sundays are just really nice. The temple was great this morning! It was our last time I think. They say we'll be able to go to Timpanogos but it might just be a rumor. I hope it's not but we'll see.
so Wednesday!!!! K every wednesday we do this thing called a TRC where we have a "situation" and we'll basically do like a big scenario in spanish and then go teach a lesson in english to "investigators". Who are just members. So Elder Scott and I are teaching the Plan of Salvation to these two mexican ladies. It's going very well. Our spanish didn't get us that far but they understood english fairly well so we continued in english. The lesson went really awesome and everything and the spirit was super strong. It felt like a real lesson!!! so here's the cool part. After we were kinda done we were just chatting with them in broken spanish and one lady goes off on how good we did and how we spoke with the tongues of angels. It was in Mexican spanish so we only got half of it until all of sudden the other lady started translating in english wondering if we'll teach her children. We didn't know what was going on and were really confused. She started to clarify and said she really wants you to teach her children! She's been baptized but her husband is a strict catholic. The children have heard the lessons but didn't really like the missionaries. She said she'd beenlooking for missionaries to teach her children and she wanted usto do it! We were speechless!!!! We agreed and got it cleared with the people over the TRC. So thats pretty much the story. So now this wednesday instead of doing the scenario we're going to be teaching her family. Her husband is in Iraq but she said she'd bring all her kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's four children, but we don't know their names or ages yet! So it'll be pretty crazy on wednesday. But i'm so excited for this opportunity. We're going to teach real people!! This gospel is so amazing! Teaching it makes your testimony grow so much stronger and I'm excited to see the power of it when we teach wednesday. How cool would that be to get 4 baptisms in the MTC!?!??!? jajajaja. I can't wait.
So what else?... i need new shirts! all of mine are waaaayyyy to big. I thought they'd shrink after washing but they haven't. The short sleeves are practically long sleeves. I look really dumb. jaja I should've checked before I left home but so it goes i guess. So what do you think I should do? Possibly exchange them???? They sell shirts here with a missionary discount but let me know soon what i should do so i don't have to wear them again. It's bad... jaja. So ya let me know.
Halfway point is this week!!! time has flown!!!!!! spanish is getting a lot better and everythingis pretty much going great right now. except my family doesn't write me. jaja Well i still love you guys!
I hope all is well. keep doin the work. Try writing me sometime this week.
Elder Florence

No comments:

Post a Comment